Biokinetics in Windhoek
According to the Biokinetics Association of Namibia, exercise is medicine. How do you know if you’re not making an existing injury worse by exercising though? Biokinetics is the answer.
If you’re struggling with chronic pain or just can’t seem to reach your full potential on the sports field, you’re doing something wrong. It’s as simple as that. A biokineticist in Windhoek can help you find out where you’re going astray and put you on the path to relief or peak performance.
What Can a Biokineticist Treat?
Working together with other medical professionals such as chiropractors, biokineticists in Windhoek can assist with the following conditions:
- Orthopaedic or musculoskeletal disability and injury of the joints and spinal column
- Improved muscular function in cases of:
3. Joint replacements
4. Neurological problems
5. Spinal cord injuries
6. Post-operative ligament reconstruction
7. Muscular/ligament strain
8. Osteo-/rheumatoid arthritis
10. Cervical (upper back/neck) and lumbar (lower back) dysfunction
11. Neuromuscular disorders and disease
12. Cardiac rehabilitation and disease
13. Chronic pulmonary disease
14. Metabolic afflictions like hypertension, obesity, diabetes, cholesterol
15. Psychological problems such as stress and depression
All biokinetic evaluations start with an in-depth look at your body composition and lifestyle to promote physical ability and restore function.
How Biokineticists in Windhoek help?
By analyzing your own unique weaknesses, a biokineticist will formulate an exercise regime that helps you to use your body as nature intended.
In the case of injury or pain, they will show you how to harness the benefits of exercise to increase your range of movement or to move in ways that alleviate pain.
Each custom-made biokinetic exercise program is designed to gradually improve your situation without causing further injury or degeneration. By supervising your efforts, a biokineticist ensures that your progress is ongoing and that you don’t slip back into old habits.
Some of the techniques used by biokineticists include:
- Resistance and flexibility training
- Aerobic exercise
- Various stretches
- Lifestyle modification
Biokineticists take a holistic approach to medicine and will work closely with your dietician, physiotherapist or chiropractor to help you find your way back to health.
How can seeing a biokineticist improve your sports performance?
A biokineticist will evaluate either individual or team sports persons to gauge the following:
- level of fitness
Using this information, they develop specific programs to improve any weak areas that need to be honed for a particular sport.
Other Areas of Specialization
Biokineticists can assist with a wide range of techniques to improve your daily life too. These include:
Working with Children
A biokineticist can assist with improving the physical profile of less-active children to combat childhood obesity and under-developed muscular strength, motor skills, balance and coordination.
An improvement in these areas invariably leads to better academic prowess, sports achievement, concentration and self-image.
Often a scientific assessment of manual laborers can reveal weak areas in their physical attributes that hamper performance. Windhoek biokineticists work with local employers to improve workplace productivity and reduce absenteeism with specific exercises to help each employee perform at their best.
Kinesio Taping is a relatively new specialization in the field of preventative and maintenance medicine. These specially designed elastic tapes help to activate the body’s neurological and circulatory systems to promote healing.
By applying appropriate strapping measures, a biokineticist can help to control oedema and relieve pain.
Other Benefits of Biokinetics
Since nobody’s perfect, everyone can benefit from biokinetics. These are some more of the advantages you could experience after a visit to a Windhoek biokineticist:
- By identifying flaws in the way you exercise or move and by suggesting improvements, a biokineticist can save you from injury down the line.
- You’ll experience an improvement in overall body tone when you’re using all your muscles correctly and evenly.
- When you’ve mastered your prescribed exercises, you can continue with them on your own should the need arise.
- Biokinetics can offer a permanent solution to pain, unlike painkillers which are harmful and do not address the cause of your discomfort.
- You’re never too old to start a biokinetics program and it can help to combat age-related niggles.
- Biokineticists are trained to look at the way your muscles and nerves act together and can pinpoint problem areas that other medical professionals haven’t even considered.
If you’re serious about your health and fitness, it makes sense to put an appointment with one of our Windhoek biokineticists on your radar, before it’s too late.
Where to find a biokineticist?
If you’re looking for an alternative, holistic approach to good health, fitness or to treat chronic conditions, you’ll be happy to know that there are biokinetics working at rehabilitation centers in Windhoek.
Click through to see our listing of excellent biokineticists in Windhoek.